Below are some links to media coverage of the Canon Garland Memorial Society, or related to Canon Garland, in recent times.
For the full text of of media statements issued by the Society, click on our Media Releases page.
- The Brisbane Times, “Push to remember Brisbane clergyman’s role in Anzac history.” 16 July 2013
- ABC News, “Architect of Anzac Day remembered in Brisbane service, grave restored.” 19 October 2014
- Boggo Road Gaol, “The First Anzac Day: Canon David John Garland.” 14 October 2014
- Honest History, “…John A. Moses talks about Garland here, also touching on aspects of Anzac commemoration generally. The modern website of the Anzac Day Commemoration Committee of Queensland, of which Garland was the original driving force and secretary, is here. There is a brief history of the Committee. A Canon Garland Memorial Society has been established in Queensland to fund, design and build a memorial to him…” 2015
- Anglican Church Southern Queensland, ‘Anzac Day Origins’ – book launch. Referring the 8 November 2013 official launch of Dr John A. Moses book, ‘Anzac Day Origins: Canon D.J. Garland and Trans-Tasman Commemoration’ by Dr Michael McKernan, former deputy director of the Australian War Memorial and leading war historian, at St Paul’s Chapel, RMC Duntroon. 2 December 2013